The day to day activities that function behind the scenes are crucial to a parish for a strong church – to optimize experiences and to run efficiently, leading to expansion. These activities also provide opportunities for individual growth and stewardship.
Miscellaneous operations keep the parish running smoothly and efficiently, and help the objectives of the church to be met. They consist of some of the extras that many people do not think about when thinking of the parish, and some things that enhance growth.
These teams mainly work behind the scenes. The Front Desk Team can have minimal interaction and the Group Facilitator has interaction with a small group over time.
- Do you enjoy answering phones, filing, and helping with general office tasks?
- Do you like to handle and track money or do data entry?
- Do you enjoy interacting and engaging in conversations?
- Can you spare any amount of time, no matter how little, to help at the desk?
- Can you spare about 1-2 hours once a week?
- Can you spare 90 minutes once a week in 4-8 week sessions?
FRONT DESK TEAM
Assist with routine office / desk work
Spend any amount of time that you can spare during Parish Office hours to help with office tasks – you choose the days, times, and amount of time you can donate.
Counting and reconciling weekly collections
Entering the collection data into the computer
This is two separate teams – one that counts and reconciles, usually for about 1 hour a week – the other that enters into the computer, for about 1-2 hours per week.
GROUP FACILITATORS TEAM
Guiding group discussions
Provide minimal guidance for group discussions based on a pre-designed topic & format.
Since there is a potential for children to part of many of these ministries, or to be at the parish, all ministers should obtain clearances according to the Diocese Safe Environment Program.